THANK YOU TO ALL WHO VOLUNTEERED TO HELP OUT DURING THE STATE TITLES! WE COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! VOLUNTEERS ARE TRULY AMAZING PEOPLE.
(All other news items and the latest newsletter can be found here)
Congratulations to all Junior and Senior members who competed during the State Championships in, at times, unpleasant conditions and thanks to Club officials and supporters some of whom braved the wind and rain during the Junior Championships.
OB State Medallists were:
1st Aaron Camp 30-39 yrs Male Champion Lifesaver
1st Allison Tucker 35-39 yrs Female Beach Flags
2nd Katie Dixon 30-39 yrs Female Champion Lifesaver
2nd Mark Davis 40 yrs and over Male Champion Lifesaver
2nd Matthew Calbert, Maddison Scutts,
Jordan Smith, Gabby Tinson U17 Mixed First Aid
2nd Shane Oakes, Darren Shaw,
Jason Tucker, James White 140 yrs min Male Beach Relay
2nd Pauline Priest 60-64 Female Surf Race
2nd Pauline Priest 60-64 Female Rescue Tube Race
3rd Jordan Smith U17 Male Champion Lifesaver
3rd Aaron Camp, Mark Davis, Katie Dixon, Nigel Fitzgibbon,
Richard Grimmond, Shelley Smith Open Mixed Patrol Comp
3rd Aaron Camp, Katie Dixon Open Mixed First Aid
3rd Jessica Moyes Open Female Champion Lifesaver
3rd Shelley Smith 30-34 Female Surf Race
3rd Shelley Smith 30-34 Female Rescue Tube Race
3rd Shelley smith 30-34 Female Beach Flags
3rd Debra Braddish, Donna Hannell,
Richelle Ingram, Allison Tucker 170 yrs min Female Beach Relay
3rd Allison Tucker 35-39 Female Beach Sprint
3rd James White 40-44 yrs Male Beach Sprint
3rd Jason tucker 40-44 yrs Male 2Km Beach Run
3rd Warren Peters 50-54 yrs Male Beach Sprint
3rd Pauline Priest 60-64 years Female Beach Flags
- The 2014 NSW Surf Life Saving Championships dates have been announced to be held at Ocean Beach-Umina from the 28th of February to the 2nd of March for the Age Championships (including Junior R&R and First Aid) and the 7th to the 9th of March for the Open event (including R&R).
The Masters competitors will have their own dedicated event to be held on the 15th and 16th of March. Masters surfboats will be on Friday March 7. Lifesaving events (Champion Lifesaver and Patrol Comp) will be held on 22nd and 23rd of Feb.
The SLSA History Panel is seeking information on past and current members who have served in our Armed Forces. Please read the letter from SLSNSW President Tony Haven and club Admin Director Lynn Smith so that we can ensure these members are recognised at the 2015 Australian Championships, which will coincide with the centenary of the ANZAC forces landing in Gallipoli.
- Thanks to our new sponsors Express Lube for providing two new sun safety shelters for our nippers! Please support Express Lube at West Gosford and Tuggerah.
- SLSA Leaders Masterclass: "The aim of the Leaders Masterclass is to provide an opportunity for existing leaders within SLS (at all levels) to participate in a high-level leadership development program." Applications to Lynn Smith by 5pm on 2nd April. Further info here.
- Our Rookie Lifesaver Jayda Bryant took part in the World's Greatest Shave! It is not too late to support Jayda in raising funds for the Leukaemia Foundation!! Click here to donate.
- Are you interested in taking part in the Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal? OB has been approached to help on Sat 25th and Sun 26th May from 9am for a couple of hours. Funds raised go towards social work on the Central Coast. Contact Lt Dean Clutterbuck (02 4344 1965) if you can help!
- Thank you letter to the State Titles Workforce from Graham Tangye (co-ordinator).
- Are you interested in being part of the Club's Board of Directors? At the 2013/2014 Election of Office Bearers the positions of President, Vice President, Director of Administration, Director of Lifesaving and Director of Surf Sports become vacant. If you want to know more about these positions then please contact the Executive member. Contact details can be found under the contacts tab.
Page last updated 2nd April 2013.